86.44 Lei 101.7 Lei
sau 8644 de puncte. Detalii.
Livrare in 15 zile lucratoare
An aparitie: 2016
Autor: Bo Phd Bennett
Editura: BERTRAMS PRINT ON DEMAND
Format: 229 x 152 x 12 mm
Nr. pagini: 146
Many of our ideas about the world are based more on feelings than facts, sensibilities than science, and rage than reality. We gravitate toward ideas that make us feel comfortable in areas such as religion, politics, philosophy, social justice, love and sex, humanity, and morality. We avoid ideas that make us feel uncomfortable. This avoidance is a largely unconscious process that affects our judgment and gets in the way of our ability to reach rational and reasonable conclusions. By understanding how our mind works in this area, we can start embracing uncomfortable ideas and be better informed, be more understanding of others, and make better decisions in all areas of life.
Some uncomfortable ideas entertained in this book:
- Political correctness can be harmful
- Identity politics is a dangerous game
- Morality is functionally democratic
- Victims often do share some of the responsibility
- God is a far more horrifying character than Satan
- There is no such thing as freewill
- Americans are manipulated into being pro-war
- Non-whites can be racist, and women can be sexist
- Some people do "choose to be gay"
- Sometimes the bad guys win
- Obese people are not perfect the way they are
- It's okay to find inappropriate jokes funny
Facts don't care about feelings. Science isn't concerned about sensibilities. And reality couldn't care less about rage.
Uncomfortable ideas. Prepare for a bumpy ride.
Cartea Uncomfortable Ideas face parte din categoria Philosophy a librariei online Libris.ro si este scrisa de Bo Phd Bennett. Livrarea se face din stocul furnizorului nostru din UK in aproximativ 15 zile lucratoare. Transportul este gratuit prin curier rapid, oriunde in Romania, pentru orice comanda de minimum 50 de lei. Pentru orice solicitare sau informatie suplimentara apelati call center-ul Libris de luni pana vineri intre orele 8-20.