Second Edition Now available in the UK and Canada
When a second generation geek with multiple degrees in history grows up to be a professional cookbook writer, it s no surprise you end up with a lovingly researched book of Hobbit cookery.
Inside these pages you ll find one chapter for each traditional Hobbit meal. In addition to being based on historic recipes revised to fit Tolkien's specific vision of the Shire, the dishes have the following themes.
- Breakfast - hot, fast, traditional morning food - Second Breakfast - cold, sturdy pies full of meat, veg and fruit to fuel a small adventure
- Elevenses - a hearty selection of breads to tide you over until Luncheon
- Luncheon - lighter fare appropriate for a pub
- Afternoon Tea - sweet biscuits, cakes and buns to accompany a caffeinated pick-me-up
- Supper - a hot meal of meat, veg, and mushrooms with a sweet finish
- Dinner - slow cooked roasts and puddings that take hours to make, but are well worth the wait.
To make sure there s a place for everyone around our geeky table, the index is broken up by dietary restrictions, with:
- 11 Paleo/Primal friendly recipes
- 19 Gluten Free friendly recipes
- 20 Vegan friendly recipes (which happen to be kosher and halal)
- 40 Vegetarian friendly recipes (including the vegan ones)
Whether you want to make an epic dinner fit for a king or bring a little period flair to a geeky gathering, you ll find something in these pages for every Tolkien fan.
You can preview 10 recipes from the cookbook at KitchenOverlord.com