sau 15488 de puncte. Detalii.
Livrare in 15 zile lucratoare
An aparitie: 2013
Autor: Gary Wilson
Editura: Bloomsbury Childrens Books
Format: 308 x 206 x 11 mm
Nr. pagini: 184
Educators have for many years sought to understand why boys underperform in schools and what can be done about it. In Breaking through barriers to boys' achievement, Gary Wilson provides the full picture as to why boys of all ages underachieve and what can be done to start solving the problem. He presents the 28 barriers to boys' learning, including early language development, 'laddish' culture and lack of male role models. His emphasis is very much on turning out respectable young men who have a 'caring masculinity'.
This revised and updated second edition includes new case studies, data and practical tips and advice. You will find tried-and-tested strategies which will help you to:
- effectively engage boys in the life of the school
- engage boys in the curriculum, with particular emphasis on literacy
- create the right culture for learning
- develop emotional intelligence in boys
- develop self-esteem
- provide opportunities for reflection
- turn the 'peer police' into a positive force for good
- teach in ways that will hit all the right buttons for boys, but will not disadvantage girls
Breaking through barriers to boys' achievement provides a practical toolkit that will enable every teacher, department, key stage or school to determine precisely which barriers impinge upon their work with boys and to plan a way forward. It also provides a range of whole-school models for developing effective projects for raising boys' achievement.
Livrarea se face din stoc din depozitul de carte Libris, in zilele lucratoare. Transportul este gratuit prin curier rapid, oriunde in Romania, pentru orice comanda de minimum 75 de lei. Pentru orice solicitare apelati call center-ul Libris de luni pana vineri intre orele 8-20.